Charming Accommodations, Locally Sourced Honest Food and Culinary Education
Honest, Local and Seasonal Fare is what you’ll find on our ever-changing menus. Whether you are stopping in for a cup of locally roasted Organic Fair-Trade Coffee and a house baked pastry, grabbing lunch from our cafe menu or relaxing with friends over a locally crafted drink on the patio, there are a variety of ways to enjoy local food & beverages at The Flying Apron! An atmosphere most often described as “happy” and “cozy” our space is the perfect place to celebrate local food.
Relax into freshly pressed sheets and drift off to a frog pond serenade. Our well-appointed guest rooms provide the perfect retreat for an evening or an entire vacation.
Learning never tasted so good! Sit back and watch our Chef at work in a Demonstration Class OR roll up your sleeves and cook along in a Hands On Class. We offer a variety of Public Classes and Culinary Getaway Packages or grab your friends and enjoy one of our Private Group Classes and Getaways. Specialty Classes and local producer tour culinary packages allow you a first-hand glimpse of where our food comes from. And in all these classes you will leave your culinary experience with a full belly, new recipes to try at home and maybe even a few new friends!
OPEN YEAR ROUND
We will be closed Thurdsay, November 2, 2023
Café, Gourmet Food Shop, Art Gallery & Bookstore
Open: Thursday – Sunday 9-4pm
Closed: Monday – Wednesday
Upcoming Special Hours & Closures:
- World Central Kitchen Gaza Fundraiser…… Thursday & Friday 11-4pm and Saturday 11-8pm (Full menu available during these hours, reservations recommended) Coffee & Pastry Counters will be open regular hours 9-4pm the whole week.
- CLOSED Sunday, November 19th for a private event
- CLOSED Saturday December 2nd for a Private Event
- Sunday, December 3rd Our 10th Annual Holiday Brunch Buffet and Community Artisan Craft Market 10-3pm Reservations required for this event.
- Friday, December 15th 11-8pm Friends of The Apron Friday ** Reservations highly recommended
- Saturday, December 23rd 10-3pm, Holiday Brunch Buffet take 2 and last minute holiday market. **Reservations Required for this event.
- Closed Dec 24 – 28th
- Monday, January 1st – Our 10th Annual New Years Day Good Luck Brunch Buffet 11-4pm
Find us at:
3 Summerville Wharf Road
Summerville, NS B0N 2K0